Sunday, August 11, 2013

Server woes fixed!

An update on the server woes: FIXED! Scratch that, not fixed.

I ran Windows Update. I am pretty sure that fixed it. That did not reliably fix it.

On the AA and view distance front: I actually had the game set to 50% view distance and no AA. When we first played the game successfully I had AA on and 100% view distance. So I set those back up to maximum and the game still worked.

I also removed some antivirus crapware from the system. There's a small chance it was to blame. One of these things did it though!

And so here is a shot of me riding my black cat Susuwatari out in the wilderness :-)


1 comment:

  1. We'd been looking up what foods match which pets while out questing when Richard was like "Ooo! You can rename your pet!":

    To rename a pet, press the return key ↵ Enter to bring up the chat and type the following command: /namepet

    Which we both did immediately and simultaneously.

    My pet is called "Reginald" :)

    Whilst this is unbelievably pedestrian and vastly inferior to "Susuwatari", I'm keeping it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete